We deliver a wide variety of exciting sports and fitness activities for schools and childcare centres.
Sessions are age specific, for children aged 2.5-12 with clear development targets which our highly qualified coaches work towards achieving – we have a very high success rate!
We aim to be as flexible as possible when arranging session times and frequency to suit the school / childcare centre’s schedule.
- Sports Prep *
- Sport as dictated by your schools’ Curriculum.
- PE Curriculum
- High quality PE lessons
- PPA Cover
- CPD (Training teachers to deliver high quality PE lessons)
For Childcare Centres:
- Sports Prep *
- Mini Sports
* Sports Prep sessions are designed to introduce children to sport and develop their core physical skills (balancing, tracking, running, jumping, kicking, catching etc.) which will enable them to play a wide range of sports. Sessions emphasise fun, build their confidence and promote a positive attitude towards sport.
- All sports and games equipment can be provided, or we can use your equipment if preferred.
- Sport-specific footwear and clothing will not be provided.
- The location / facilities are provided by the school / childcare centre.
To see a list of sports and activities on offer, please visit the What We Offer page.
For more information or to book a trial lesson please Contact Us.
Terms & Conditions – Schools and Childcare Centres
Responsibilities of the School / Childcare centre
- Ensure that the class or group is ready to start the session at the agreed time.
- If Hakinakina equipment is left on school / childcare centre premises then the equipment is to be kept secure and is accounted for at the end of the term. It will be the school / childcare centre’s responsibility to replace any equipment that is damaged or lost.
- Ensure that the sessions file is kept in a place that the coach can gain access to whenever required.
- If the session has to be cancelled or rearranged due to other commitments on the schools / childcare centre behalf either the coach or Hakinakina must be informed at the earliest opportunity (at least one day’s notice). Failure to notify Hakinakina will result in the school / childcare centre being charged for the session.
- Ensure that a suitable area for the session has been arranged and that the area is safe for the group using it. The school / childcare centre will be responsible for the risk assessment for the area provided.
- Report any problems or issues relating to the session to Hakinakina as soon as possible.
- Ensure that Hakinakina receive the information about the class or group necessary to keep up to date statistics on the sessions i.e. how many children participating and what year group.
- Ensure that Hakinakina are aware of any medical issues or requirements relating to class or group members.
- Ensure that there is a member of staff from the school / childcare centre available should there be any problems.
- In the event of any child being injured during the session the school will arrange for the medical treatment to be administered and take on the responsibility for the care of the child.
- The school / childcare centre will complete their incident form and provide Hakinakina with a copy.
- A client shall not, without the prior written consent of Hakinakina, at any time from the Commencement Date to the expiry of 6 months after the date of termination of this agreement, solicit or entice away from Hakinakina or employ or attempt to employ any person who is, or has been, engaged as an employee of Hakinakina in relation to a project.
Responsibilities of the Coach
- Arrive with sufficient time to ensure that the session begins on time.
- Report to, and sign in at, the school office. Ensure that they are clearly wearing their visitor’s identity badge while they are on site.
- Ensure that the necessary equipment is available for the session.
- Ensure that equipment and the designated area are safe and appropriate for the session.
- Plan all sessions according to the group size and ability.
- Attend all sessions as set out in the agreement letter.
- Dress in appropriate Hakinakina clothing or suitable sports attire.
- If the coach is unable to attend a session they must inform the school / childcare centre verbally at least one day prior to delivery or as soon as possible.
- In the event of there being any injury to a session participant the coach will take the child to the school / childcare centre reception and leave with a member of staff.
- The coach should complete the schools incident form and take a copy for Hakinakina.
- The coach should report any defects or problems with the designated area to the school / childcare centre in the first instance and then to the relevant Hakinakina officer.
- Complete a register of all participate at each session (to be kept in file).
- Keep any administration file up-to-date and organised.
- To report any problems or issues with regards to all aspects of the session to the relevant Hakinakina officer.
Responsibilities of Hakinakina
- Book and confirm the session with both the coach and the school / childcare centre via the agreement letter or verbally over the phone.
- Ensure that all parties know the dates and time of the session.
- Ensure that the coach has all the information (and equipment if necessary) available in order to organise/deliver their session safely.
- If the session has to be cancelled or rearranged due to other commitments on the coach’s behalf the school / childcare centre must be informed at the earliest opportunity (at least one day prior to delivery).
- To keep up to date statistics of the children attending the session.
- To evaluate the coach at regular intervals.
- To resolve any issues that may arise during the coaching session.